Wednesday 9 July 2014

From Portland to Calgary -Sarah

Today was a day of high emotions. Esme has been sobbing on and off and I have been the same. Just looking at each other was enough to set us both off. 

So on the journey to the airport and in the car I could hardly meet her gaze and I could hear her trying to be brave in the back. 

Rowan decided a quick goodbye would be better and we all agreed. I did a very hasty exit when Guy managed to pull into the five minute parking bay and I was left at the Departure gate after a few brief hugs and a few more tears. 

I was on a tiny plane; only four seats wide but the journey was only for an hour and a half. The views from the plane were amazing as always. 


Portland from the air


Mount Hood? 


A patch work of circular crops with an automated irrigator that works in a circle. 


The Rockies on the way to Canada (with some pretty amazing cloud formations)



And finally, the flatness of Calgary.. 


And now onto London.. 






No comments:

Post a Comment