Tuesday 6 May 2014

Sarahs take on Banff day2

Had to get up super early again this morning - firstly to check out of the hotel, secondly - to grab some breakfast and ensure the children ate as much as they could, thirdly - to change my skiing boots which were a size too small and after taking them off yesterday it felt as if someone had hit my toes with a hammer.  And fourthly to get the children to the ski school before 8.30. 

But we did it all. Then I did a couple if hours practice before my class and ventured up to the top of Sunshine Village - and nearly knocked myself out getting off the chair lift! But I managed to do some sort of backwards balancing so it ended up ok.. 

Bit the view at the top was breathtaking 



Then I ran into this fella too! 


After that Guy disappeared for a while and the weather turned from bright to blizzard-like


And I must admit I thought 'skiing? In this weather?' Then I had a lightbulb moment and realised this is what it's all about.. Taking chances, living a little, (or a lot!) but doing many things that take our breath away or your heart squeeze.. 

And skiing in a blizzard, with a north wind blowing straight into my face, not knowing where I was going or which way the hill was going was certainly one of those. I had a few (many) white knuckle moments and took a couple of tumbles and can feel my body stiffening up already but it's all worth it. This is living the dream. This is taking life by the horns and riding it hard. This is what I wanted when I came up with this crazy idea. I pinch myself nearly every day as I find myself in these amazing places doing these amazing things. 

Rowan and Esme were getting better and better at their 'pizza slices' and did some steering through chevrons (pics and video to follow tomorrow). They told me about their amazing ski lesson today and kept looking down from the cable car (on the way down) saying 'see those tracks mum? I made those!' Both ski's grew wings and flew all the way back to Oxford!

Tomorrow we drive back to Salmon Arm and then on Friday our 12 hour bus ride back to Vancouver Island. Great!!

Much love, Sarah xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment