Wednesday 26 March 2014

Kawerau to Auckland

Half four a.m.
Sarah is going out to clean the rooms cos she cant sleep. She was sick of tossing and turning. I wake up in my nearby bed.

"Darling you cant. The guests will still be in bed asleep. You will only be able to do 5 nightshift workers rooms then what are you going to do?"

'Oh...I hadnt thought of that'

(Welcome to darling sarahs inner world)

she went back to sleep. Then later came to help me with the rooms. We then packed the car. Cleaned OUR room

then off to Auckland. We stopped twice for joint kiddy chundering ie a double double. At one point I realised my floppy hat was not vomit proof as it slowly soaked through and made my hands wet.  A wash in a nearby river later all was ok.

It starts with Esme saying she has a hurting tummy.  This then becomes

"I feel sick" then

"Its coming its coming!" then

"Its in my throat!"

Then the adult passenger who is not driving gets caught in a combination of the following

-trying to find a bag or an item of clothing
- also looks desperately for a place to stop (as if the driver cant do it themselves)
- turning round to help Esme
- monitoring Rowan to see if he is being set off too
- as well as "we need to stop NOW"

....and that's how we end up with wet wide brim hats....

We are going to give them cocculus in future to help

Stopped here for a coffee. The lady who served us ws incredibly slow and deliberate like the julie walters character who worked in a cafe on Victoria Wood.

we then approached auckland
Before arriving at Daves house.
Dave is an airline purser who met Sarah  when she flew here in 1998.  Sarah stuck out to him when she started getting ready to get off after 8 hrs of a 13 hr flight. They kept in touch since. Now he is putting us up in his lovely house he shares with his wife Leeann and 3 sons
Xxx
Ps sorry about the detail about sickness...sometimes I have to play to the crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment