Wednesday 26 March 2014

Auckland for a day

After a 20 minute run I got hopelessly lost in my new neighbourhood.  

"Stop messing about Dylan" came from a harrassed mum outside a school as she wiped his face. I carried on through the plethora of cars. Then had to ask directions to walk back

On the way into town we had a puncture.  I rather dozily just looked at the wheel but didnt search for jack and spanner.  It took a good samaritan to stop and say

"Its a legal requirement" for us to find it

A huge thick nail did it. 22 year old  
James was on his way to fix up a luxury boat. He had started his own business valeting cars and one thing had led to another 

"You have to help or the world becomes a very unfriendly place"

Then to Victoria mound

Then some messing about waiting for a ferry
By now it was 2.30pm. I was trying to find pizza. Rowans behaviour was demonstrating a hunger. Sarahs voice was speaking for her and Esme. I was trying to navigate to a place ranked no 43 of 1000 on trip advisor. It got a bit fraught

"Cant we just go anywhere?"

(I missed the restaurant first time)

Eventually we found
It was in the middle of a fire alarm. The friendly firrman gave stickers to the kids. 5 mins later...And as the first slice slided down order was restored
And a first happened... she ate without asking for something to be removed from it. I looked at Sarah and gave the eyes in Esmes direction. Sarah motioned silence. 

Music was playing
I shazam d  Curtis Mayfield
Then we went home
Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you someone helped with the tyre!
    If you have a skinny spare on now you need to fix the real one ASAP and put back xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete