Wednesday 9 October 2013

Building a yoga hut..

Normally when any extensive building work is done (or in Europe anyway) a whole array of building equipment arrives on site, as does a foreman. In Thailand, however, when there is no machinery and frequent power cuts, everything is done by hand. 

Today I have been a pneumatic drill, a digger and a roller. Instead of actually using a pneumatic drill to break through 8 inches of solid red clay, I had a crow bar and my own brute strength. Instead of a digger, I had a old flower pot with a sealed hole and the roller was my own body weight. The floor has been destroyed and now removed. The walls will be opened up to create an open yoga space. If we have enough time before we leave I will make a sculpture for the mosquito coils. 

I have the red blisters all over my hands and fingersto prove my hard work! 

Unfortunately I have no photos from today but will get some for tomorrow;) 

Until then..

Sarah x 

1 comment:

  1. Hard work in the heat x look after your hands plenty of antiseptic cream xxxxx

    ReplyDelete