Wednesday 20 November 2013

Sentosa island read this first

Sentosa island is connected to Singapore via monorail, cable car and a 1km long boardwalk. Its a sort of playground, resort, park, bars and restaurants and beach all rolled into one and its accessible by tube train, so whilst busy at weekends people can go after work.

  We set off at midday to get there ready to meet cousin Sarah at 1.30pm as she took afternoon off work.As I am using local sims in my phone I did not have cousins number.  No problem as the Sentosa cartoon map had 'I' symbols all over it  indicating wireless.  So we could email our exact location right?   There will be wifi in the visitors centre!
No
That's ok we leave a message at reception if someone called sarah comes then tell her we have gone to thr pirates water park. Off we walk to what we think is right direction

Friendly family want to take pictures. I explain the kids are a bit fed up with the squeezing and pointing. But they can photo if not expecting our two to pose. The next wifi spot is in the direction of the water park. It doesnt look far on the map. We get to the big animal and ask

"Sorry sir no wifi here"

Thats ok I'll just turn on data roaming, ive got a little left on this sim. But its not working.  Even after I manually point to a network. Kids are living on a large packet of yellow crisps (imported from US I remember)  getting a bit fractious.

"Shall we stop for lunch?"

'Could do but we are late for meeting sarah'









No comments:

Post a Comment