Saturday 12 April 2014

With Christine B.

Christine is the widow of Arthur.  Arthur was best man for my father Michael Turton when my parents got married. I had not met Christine before but had met Arthur in Oxford when I was a teenager. Christine grew up in Cowley but moved here 40+ years ago. She is putting us up before we catch the plane on Wednesday night to Vancouver.

Last night Christine showed us some pics she had transposed from slides...Remember slides....?

Rosemarie/Mum on the left
Mum and dad in early mid sixties in Florence Park. (With 2 of Christines kids)
Stag do for Arthur. (Red tie light grey suit). My dad is to the left of Arthur.  Best man is my dad/michael Turton. 1963 at The Perch in Oxford. Note the two main protagonists are drinking halves because stag dos in those days were the night before the wedding.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment