Thursday 10 April 2014

Mangawhai

Went for a morning run and was between the water and some unclimbably steep cliffs. Wasnt sure if the water was going in or out.  Didnt see a soul.

Got back to caravan and kids desperate to go to the beach. Water was by this time distant so it had been going out. We couldnt believe how far away it was.

"Backwards and forwards please, not round and round" came the call. This swing was strongest so far. Piddly sandcastles suddenly not so interesting. We walked along a bit and found my foot prints from earlier.  random items lay along the back of the beach to stop erosion eg old bbqs or sinks but mainly logs thankfully.

Later after lunch we found a play area and they took almost 2 hrs to get bored. Sarah caught up with phone and postcards. I sat on a sandy hill. Tried to keep a straight back. Closed my eyes and attempted to give my head and body some chance to talk back to me. This went ok. I would be about to fall asleep.  So would then fall forward waking myself up. Then start again.

Then another go on roller blades with one spill. Kids got hungry but their new playmates mum had a hot cross bun to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment